Please note that this guidance has been updated at
Step 3, 17th May 2021, following Bowls England updated guidance on Returning to Bowls.
We hope you are keeping well.
As a result of the governments recent Step 3 relaxation under the Covid-19 Roadmap the Management Committee has decided to open the club bar for indoor table service from Monday 17th May 2021. To do this we will be following the government guidelines and also those issued by Bowls England.
The government will review four tests ahead of each Step. The dates outlined within this document are the earliest that we may move to each step and may be subject to change. You can read a summary of what will be included in each step on the government’s website.
- Step 1: Monday 29 March
- Step 2: Monday 12 April
- Step 3: Monday 17 May
- Step 4: begins no earlier than Monday 21 June (confirmation expected w/c Monday 14 June)
To access the Covid-19 documents please click here.
A brief outline of the guidelines for playing is shown below.
- All rinks may be used
- Up to 8 players on each rink and 48 players on the green
The ‘rule of six’ applies OR two households
- Rinks no longer need to be booked for rollups in advance, although competition bookings should still be made through a booking coordinator.
- The bar section of clubhouse will be open for indoor table service and the use of the toilets is permitted. Use of the changing rooms should be avoided .
- Masks must be worn when entering the clubhouse or visiting the toilets.
- Equipment will be available in the shed
- Players must use their own bowls; club bowls will not be available.
- Hand and spray sanitisers will be made available by the club to sanitise hands and equipment before and after playing.
- Social distancing must be maintained
- Car sharing is now permitted
The guidelines will be regularly reviewed and will be changed as appropriate.
Bookings for rollups are no longer required, but bookings for competitive matches should still be made. Click here for more details.
Please familiarise yourself with the Bowls England documents before playing, and we hope you enjoy getting back on the green again.
Camberley B.C. Management Committee